Have you ever had a song stuck in your head? I did this morning and it was an odd one. You see, today is my birthday, and I was talking about birthday wishes and somehow I automatically got the Amy Grant song “My Grown Up Christmas Wish” stuck in my head. So then throughout today I’ve been thinking about what are my deeper birthday wishes for myself and for those around me? So here’s a few of them that I hope will happen soon, some that I hope will happen throughout my lifetime, and some that I know need God’s direct interference and miraculous work to see them done.
– I pray for God to help me be faithful in following him and leading others to hear and see his love through me.
– I hope to write a few books as I continue working in ministry and community partnerships.
– I pray that God will help me be a better active listener in order to know how to serve and love others.
– I pray for all the kids and families that I’m able to influence that they will truly know what it means to enjoy the abundant life that Jesus offers.
– I pray that the neighborhood that I’m ministering in and to, to become more of a place that people are proud of and want to serve in.
– I pray that God would continue to use other people in my life to help me grow, teach me, and care for me as I continue to get “old”…haha!
– Lastly, I pray for all my friends who are in Christ to continue living boldly and remain in him….and for my friends who don’t know Christ that they would come to know his peace and joy.
I know these aren’t the most profound things, but they are very important to me and I know that God has set these passions in my heart to work them out for my growth and the benefit of others.
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
– Ephesians 3:20-21
Peace in Christ,