So recently at our youth meetings we talked about the purposes of the youth ministry…Dig In…Look Up…Reach Out…Grow Close…Lay Down!
This morning I was watching the Colbert Report and his guest was Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos. They were discussing the core values of Zappos and Mr. Hsieh said something that provoked me to write this blog: “Everyone in the company knows what the core values are and help makes decisions based on what’s best for the company.”
Here are Zappos core values:
1. Deliver WOW through service
2. Embrace and drive change
3. Create fun and a little weirdness
4. Be adventurous, creative and open-minded
5. Pursue growth and learning
6. Build open and honest relationships with communication
7. Build a positive team and family spirit
8. Do more with less
9. Be passionate and determined
10. Be humble
My question for you is… have you communicated your values and purposes and do your students and volunteers know them so they can make the best decisions to impact others for God’s Kingdom?