I have read some articles and sections of books on leadership. I also am using some biblical texts to support what I think are essential leadership qualities.
1. Leadership must be founded on moral principles, personal humility, professional will, passion, and purpose in order to influence those that are being led.
Leadership is an Art; The Making of a Leader; Harvard Business Review-Are you a Level 5 Leader?; Mark 1:38
2. There is a price to pay for leadership: servanthood and suffering.
Leadership without Easy Answers; Spiritual Leadership; Transforming Leadership; Mark 9:35; Mark 15
3. Leadership involves multiplication, rather than addition, of leaders in order to build enduring greatness, show success of the current leadership, and delegate efficiency.
Leadership is an Art; The Making of a Leader; Harvard Business Review-Are you a Level 5 Leader?; Mark 4:8; Mark 8;31-38
4. Being a good judge of people and their character is vital in leadership in order to build a team of the best people you can possibly find; team is essential in leadership.
Leadership is an Art; Transforming Leadership; Harvard Business Review-Are you a Level 5 Leader?
5. Leadership means taking responsibility of those you lead by helping them find their individual identity and purpose, and allowing them to reach their potential.
Leadership is an Art; The Making of a Leader; Mark 3:14-19
6. As a part of leadership we need to commission others as leaders.
Transforming Leadership; Mark 16:15-18
7. If we aspire to continue in leadership roles throughout our lives we must understand the importance of continual learning and development.
The Making of a Leader; Leadership is an Art
8. Leadership makes opportunities to align themselves with others who are working for common goals by developing relationships for networking.
Leadership without easy Answers; Transforming Leadership; Mark 8:31-38
9. Leadership requires character and influence, not necessarily power and authority.
Leadership without easy Answers; The making of a Leader; Seizing your divine Moment: Dare to live a life of Adventure; Transforming Leadership; Mark 1:22
10. Leadership that is value-driven will produce more effective results in the environment it operates when it is driven by relational, authentic, and principled people.
Transforming Leadership; The making of a Leader; Leadership is an Art